SOCIAL MEDIA

Review: Trust

Why I picked it: To be honest, I hadn't heard of this book until receiving a request for review.  I was intrigued by the synopsis and knew it would be a good book for me - and of course what secured the decision was knowing the author was from Australia.

Synopsis: Susanna Greenfield has given her all to being a good daughter, sister, wife, and mother. Somehow, she's maintained her profession as a college art teacher, as well as rearing two headstrong teenagers and nurturing a twenty-year marriage to Gerry, a confident, ambitious architect. She's also the eternal peacemaker between her pretty younger sister Angie, former junkie turned born-again Christian, and their strong- willed mother, Jean.

Just when Susanna is struggling to revive her creative career, a devastating accident rips apart the fabric of her world, exposing secrets which threaten to destroy both a marriage, and a life. Plumbing the rich emotional vocabulary of faith and betrayal, loyalty and forgiveness, Trust is the story of a woman's challenge to find her self.

Quick Take: Recommend - This would be a great book club selection.  This book is filled with deception in so many forms and covers just about every topic one could talk about (sex, lies, religion, work, life, balance, personal growth, and abuse to name a few).  I love reading books with reference to local lingo and spelling.  Let me know if you have read it, I would love to chat about this one.

The characters talk to themselves periodically, I loved this.  It wasn't too much, just enough to keep you engage (or chuckle from time to time).

I want to know what others think of the title, what does it mean/refer to? 

Source: Review Copy