SOCIAL MEDIA

Review: She's Gone Country

Why I picked it: I bought this book for the Nook, to read while traveling earlier this month.  I have read all of Jane's trade fiction novels, having discovered her through the Manic Mommies group.

Synopsis: Shey Darcy, a 39-year-old former top model for Vogue and Sports Illustrated led a charmed life in New York City with a handsome photographer husband until the day he announced he'd fallen in love with someone else. Left to pick up the pieces of her once happy world, Shey decides to move back home to Texas with her three teenage sons. Life on the family ranch, however, brings with it a whole new host of dramas starting with differences of opinion with her staunch Southern Baptist mother, her rugged but overprotective brothers, and daily battles with her three sons who are also struggling to find themselves. Add to the mix Shey's ex-crush, Dane Kelly, a national bullriding champ and she's got her hands full. It doesn't take long before Shey realizes that in order to reinvent herself, she must let go of an uncertain future and a broken past, to find happiness--and maybe love--in the present.

Type: Fiction

Quick Take: Recommend: I enjoy all of Jane's book.  Since I generally read historical fiction, books set in other countries or tough woman situations... Jane's books are a nice break for me.  I love how the author continues to bring characters forward from one book to another. 

I was lucky enough to meet Jane this month and so many of the women in attendence said this was their favorite book (the women at my table had a Jane crush - it was cute to watch).  Jane did share a little about her next book - she asked us not to talk about it but I will say it's a change for her, one I'm looking forward to.

Source: Personal Copy (Nook)