SOCIAL MEDIA

Review: The Violets of March

Why I picked it: Manic Mommies Book Club - I would have read this book even if we didn't select if for the MMBC.  I love reading stories about self discovery.

We will be discussing this book with author Sarah Jio tomorrow night (Wed, July 20), at 8PM EST.  I hope you can join us! 

Do you have a question for the author? Please email me or feel free to leave a comment.

July 23rd Update: Click here to listen (or download) to our discussion

Synopsis: A heartbroken woman stumbled upon a diary and steps into the life of its anonymous author.

In her twenties, Emily Wilson was on top of the world: she had a bestselling novel, a husband plucked from the pages of GQ, and a one-way ticket to happily ever after.

Ten years later, the tide has turned on Emily's good fortune. So when her great-aunt Bee invites her to spend the month of March on Bainbridge Island in Washington State, Emily accepts, longing to be healed by the sea. Researching her next book, Emily discovers a red velvet diary, dated 1943, whose contents reveal startling connections to her own life.

Type: Fiction

Quick Take: Everyone is raving about this book, I have read so many wonderful reviews and I'm happy to say I loved it to.  I have read a few books this year with storytelling inside a novel, this is the first time I have enjoyed both stories equally!  I adored Esther's story from the start and Emily is so likable. 

Part romance, part mystery... I didn't want Emily's story to end and would love to find out what happens five years later.

I can't wait to discuss this book with the author on Wednesday! 

Rating: 4/5 stars
Source: Review Copy