SOCIAL MEDIA

Review: Paris, My Sweet

Why I picked it: I enjoy memoirs, love chocolate, NYC and was on my way to Paris.  

I read this book on my way to visting Paris for the first time, and I live just outside NYC. This was a great book to set the mood for my trip.

Synopsis: Part love letter to New York, part love letter to Paris, and total devotion to all things sweet. Paris, My Sweet is a personal and moveable feast that's a treasure map for anyone who loves fresh cupcakes and fine chocolate, New York and Paris, and life in general. It's about how the search for happiness can be as fleeting as a sliver of cheesecake and about how the life you're meant to live doesn't always taste like the one you envisioned.

Organized into a baker's dozen of delicacies (and the adventures they inspired) that will tempt readers' appetites, Paris, My Sweet is something to savor.

Type: Fiction

Quick Take: I loved this book, visiting many shoppes and sites noted... I bet readers who have been to both cities might enjoy it even more than I did.  It's a light/fun look at life in Paris.  

But this is more that a book about eating sweets, it's also the author's story about spending a year living in Paris.  Building a life that's fulfilling while working long hours in a foreign country.


Shortly after starting this book I was highlighting paragraphs, jotting down must go to places etc... We didn't get to try much chocolate but we did sample the Macaron's.  I brought home of dozen of each to sample with friends and family.  We all seemed to like Hermes macaron's.

At the end of each chapter there is a list of locations in Paris and NYC to buy the goodies noted in the chapter.  The author encourages the reader to try different places to find your favorite.  I loved this! 

Click here to read my post about my trip to Paris

Rating: 4 stars
Country: France
Source: NetGalley