SOCIAL MEDIA

Traveling 24 of 34 days in July (and early August)... I was able to get a lot of reading in!

Have you read any of these titles?  Did you like, love, hate any of them?  
The Book of Jonas (audio):  I enjoyed this one but it's a dark, sad tale.  Well written but to be honest I would have put this down if we weren't reading it for discussion.  It didn't hold my interest.  It's an interesting story, with no big moments.

My book club picked it but we are not planning to discuss it - we decided to pass and pick a new book.

My Goodreads rating: 3 stars


The Forgotten Waltz (audio): I listened to this while walking the streets of Dublin.  A powerful story, sad.  Since I was listening - it felt like I was listening to a friend tell me about her life, decisions and the consequences.

I highly recommend this for book clubs - there's a lot to discuss!

My Goodreads rating: 4+ stars

How Lucky are you: This is a hard luck story, I wish it would have been a little darker.  It could have been so good if a little more detail was shared. 

That said, I do recommend it if the synopsis grabs your attention.

My Goodreads rating: 3 stars



I couldn't love you more: I read this in flight.  A quick read, good writing, a powerful story.  This is my kind of women's lit.

Blended family, a tragedy up front, the rest of the book deals with how the family overcomes a situation. 

Another good book club selection! 

My Goodreads rating: 4 stars

The Bay of Foxes: This is one of my favorite books read this year. Hemingway like!

I don't even know how to express my view of this book, without sharing details.  So I will just tell you to read it!

Filled with twists - I read this in one day.  Magnificent!

My Goodreads rating: 5 stars



The Good Woman: I have many friends dealing with mid life, some have had affairs, others are wondering "is this really it".  So Jane's novel really grabbed hold of me.  Let's face it - Jane knows how to write a book about women's emotions and working through situations! 

I also loved that this book has an issue arise in the book and we have to watch the family deal with a situation.  Plus family dynamics... I can't wait to read book two!

My Goodreads rating: 4 stars