Happiness: 100 day update (day 4)

My happiness plan is listed to the right... but remember it's not about the pressure to blog about 'creating happiness', it's the doing that counts.  Jump in anytime, with an email reply, comment or write your own post.

Just a quick update this week since I launched this four days ago (click here for details).

My list is 100% achievable if I focus on work/life balance. I hope I'm successful (or mostly successful).

Last week: I created happy by taking time to feed a friendship I value. We EACH drove about three hours, in the rain, for pancakes and a walk. How great is that!

This week: I'm planning to meet with a new friend and would like to pick the classic I want to read.  There are so many books to choose from and I don't have a list of must reads... do you have a recommendation for me?



Set a fitness goal: It's mighty... but you expect nothing less from me right?  In June I will be hiking 58-60 miles over nine days.  Sounds doable right?  Add in the summit elevation of 19,340, and we are taking a long route with higher difficulty.  The rationale behind this... the elevation is more gradual which means there is a higher success rate to reach the summit.

I can't train for how my body will react to the altitude but I can ramp my mileage to 60 miles/week by June.  I have been averaging about 30 miles a week this year.

March goal: 40+ miles a week
April: 50+
May: close in on two 60+ weeks then taper

A few people of expressed interest in my 100 day bikini happiness challenge.  If you are writing about self improvement, goals, choosing happy... please share your link.

Writing about choosing happy isn't enough, you have to put forth the effort to make happy happen. YOU deserve it! :)

Good luck this week, remember...
Life, it's happening! 

7 comments

  1. That's an exciting fitness goal! I can hardly wait to watch it all play out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fitness goal, too! I have all kinds of confidence in you to do this climb with verve. Kinda wish I was doing it, too!

    I clicked on your blog the other day and saw all sorts of great posts I missed. I'm so behind! Going to try to play catch up now. I will probably join this happiness challenge. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Regarding the classic. How about Anna Karenina? I started it last November but unfortunately put it down around page 280 for a little break and then never picked it up again! I must remedy that..

    Or Les Mis? Obviously Hollywood helped me with these suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now that's a major goal!! I wish you the best of luck, it sounds like an awesome thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, do you have mountains you can climb in your area to at least help acclimate you? I'd say come out here to Colorado and climb some 14ers but that might not be doable either. Definitely get yourself used to drinking a lot of water, the altitude takes it out of you...I hear that from people who visit from lower elevations to Denver, so I would keep it in mind. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your journey to that point, and of course, your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! So, are you training by running or walking? Is it endurance your training for? I'm walking 5km (3+ miles) a few times a week, so for me, 40 could be a monthly target, certainly not a weekly one. But then, I'm not planning to climb a mountain any time soon. Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I joined! I just posted tonight and linked up above.
    Good luck reaching your happiness goals in the next 100 days. I'm sure you'll make them happen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Mari Partyka | Bookworm with a View. Design by Fearne.