Happiness: 100 days of happy

in this edition: reading, friendship, & 100 things I love

Go big or go home!

While in the midst of an enormous work project, I was preparing for my friends visit, WT decided to throw a party for fourteen, and I logged 40 miles.  

The visit was a success: we saw a movie, ate, shopped, walked seven miles in NYC, drove to Sleepy Hallow in a snow storm, hot tubbed under the stars (listening to Madonna), walked in the woods, drank tea (and spirits), and shopped some more.

My girlfriend and I have a strong bond, but we don't have a lot in common these days... the first item tells it all (HA):

- While I was secretly rooting for Amour, she choose Magic Mike
- I'm quiet and reserved, she's a trash talker
- She can shop for hours... strolling from store to store.  I shop for need (in and out)
- I love being outside, regardless of the weather...  she's not an outdoors gal
- I always save room for dessert while she passes on sweets... BUT after a few drinks I was happy to watch her enjoy a giant piece of carrot cake.  Slowly eating every last crumb over laughter.


We did a lot of talking, I learned so much about her that I either didn't know or had forgotten.  It was a wonderful weekend, one I hope she looks back on with fond memories.  

100 things I love: if you haven't read my list, it's posted just below this one.  I think it's safe to say this was good therapy, taking time to reflect.  Some of you mentioned you want to create a similar list.  Let me know if you do, I would love to read your 100.

This week:  I'm gifting myself a week for recovery.  Focusing on nutrition after a four days girls weekend, slowing down, getting in mileage to continue building stamina, and napping.

Do you use DailyMile?  They have a visual that compares your output to donuts, gas saved, etc... 3,340 miles equals a 109 pound loss.  I'm not sure how this is calculated but it's a silly stat.

Last week: 40.5 miles over six days
MTD: 59 miles in 10 days...
YTD: 317 miles

Reading: The Comfort of Lies - I know a few people didn't love this book but it's been a page turner for me.  I plan to finish it today/tomorrow.

As part of my 100 day plan, I want to read a classic so next up is The Great Gatsby... I have secured a copy!

Writing about choosing happy isn't enough, you have to put forth the effort to make happy happen. YOU deserve it! :)

Good luck this week, remember...
Life, it's happening! 

9 comments

  1. Glad you had such a great visit and survived your very busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time with a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out


    P.S. The Good Daughter arrived today - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I actually watched Magic Mike and was sorry when it was over. Your friend sounds like someone to be crazy with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great visit that was, Mari. It's so nice to be able to spend some time with a friend without having to rush off to the next appointment.

    I'm with you all the way - except I don't know who Amour and Magic Mike are, but most likely I agree on that as well. The other points, a complete match - dessert!! Of course! I never know how people can skip it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot tubbing and Madonna.. Sounds wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing weekend! Yay!!!

    I linked up my 100 things I love list. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to read The Comfort of Lies, I've heard good things. Visiting from It's Monday, What are you Reading Meme. I love the 100 things list, my blog is about small victories and concentrating on those things I love and that make me happy. Will have to check out this link up more later.

    Hope you'll visit my reading list this week...http://momssmallvictories.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-march-11-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the friend feedback, remembering why someone is your friend most times is always a rewarding memory.

    I have comfort of lies on my TBR list, glad your enjoying it.

    I finally posted and look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Mari Partyka | Bookworm with a View. Design by Fearne.