Happiness: 100 day project (Day 74)

My Tuesday posts will shift back to fitness updates next week with my 100 day project coming to an end... I have learned so much from this exercise but no longer have blog worthy updates as I'm starting to look past day 101.  I will post one final post later this month.

Getting back to books!  I will announce the June Book Club book this week, have reviews to write/post, summer reading to plan.  It's May 7 and I haven't written a book post in a month... April did me in with my work project.  

Fitness update (hosted by Joy): Last week was my lowest week in ages, with just 27 miles logged.  13.1 came from one run.  That's okay, this week I'm planning my Africa trek self challenge of 60 miles.  I'm also just four miles shy of 600 miles this year, stellar!

100 day happiness challenge update: I crossed off 'foreign film' this week, leaving just two items left on my list.  I expect/hope to cross off my fitness challenge this week.



Have you watched Young Goethe in Love? It's a German film based on the early life of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the author of The Sorrows of Young Werther. A beautiful movie, a lovely story.  Now I need to read the book!

Try three new fruits/veggies
Read a classic

Plant my garden
Volunteer or do a good deed
Experiment in the kitchen
See a foreign film
Make a new experience happen: I'm hoping this is covered by doing this challenge since I have grown as a person. My family has actually changed because of this 100 day happiness challenge.  Completely unexpected, I wish I did this a decade ago!

If 'new experience' means do things you don't normally do... here are a few of my favorites:
1) taking a leap of faith when someone posted a comment on my blog... jumping from stranger to friend instantly. 
2) driving three hours in the rain to have pancakes with a friend (embracing the elements)
3) coordinating an author event! (good deed, building a new skill set)
4) 'modeling' for a photographer

Learn something new: French

Set a fitness goal: 30 miles a week, one week in May 60 miles.

The half marathon details are in the post just below this one - I had an amazing experience. This was my jump start into my 60 mile challenge.  

Sunday 13.1 miles
Monday 6 miles
Tuesday - Saturday... 42 miles to go!

Wish me luck!  

How are you doing with your happiness project?  Remember it's more important to create happy than blog about it! When you do blog about it, please leave a comment with a link so others can visit and be inspired.

Try something new this week, remember...
Life, it's happening! 

1 comment

  1. You've done so well with this project! I really should make myself a list - maybe a summer project?!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Mari Partyka | Bookworm with a View. Design by Fearne.