SOCIAL MEDIA

Book Review: Insurgent

Why I picked it: I read the first book knowing the movie is coming out in the spring, now I'm reading the series.

Click here to read my review of book one in the series (Divergent)

Synopsis: One choice can transform you, or destroy you. Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Quick Take: I read this book immediately following the first one, mostly because my son is reading the series and it's fun to be able to discuss it with him.

Book two continues to reference the importance of values, always a good thing!  I noted this statement on guilt, which is good for everyone to remember: "Let the guilt teach you ho to behave next time," my father would say.

I didn't love book two but it did fill in the back story, set up the plot for book three. I can see why this series is so popular.

Have you read it? Did you let your kids read it?  If yes, did you read it first?

Rating: 3 stars
Source: Personal copy